Sunday, December 28, 2008

Verse of The Week

After a two week hiatus, Verse of The Week is back in full effect with the Philly freezer, Freeway, winning this week's honors.

Verse of The Week

My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty
It's the land where my fathers was hung, whole bunch of racial violence, bunch of drama to me
9/11 towers droppin','08 stocks droppin', people won't stop robbin',

probably cause it's poverty
they got us all stuck in jail for incorrect bail, there's probably someone rhymin' in the prison hotter than me
I see, you gotta give people the good and the bad,
the bad is the past,
the good is what it's destined to be,
and I know one thing that is destined to me,
destined to free,
tell the people we gonna last
it gets worse before it get better,
they stress us with the recession, then turn around bless us with a black president
and it's evident, that it seems heavent sent,
but I'ma take it, finally got to see the day they let us in
(Freeway, When I Die, Verse 3)


Audio: When I Die - Freeway ft James Blunt

More: Verse of The Week

No comments:

Post a Comment