Wednesday, October 22, 2008

NFL Picks - Week 7 Standings

Me, Ed from Ed The Sports Fan and Joe from What's The 401?!?! continue to get beatdown weekly by the spread, with me taking the worst beating of all. At this point, you might as well choose the opposite of what I pick. You'd probably win a lot of money.

Here is a look at the Week 8 spreads and who I would pick as of right now:

Ok, I'm going to go into a few reasons why I picked each game, so you can at least see my logic for picking the wrong spread.

I don't trust Oakland on the road right now, but at the same time I don't think Baltimore should be favored by 7 points over almost any team, so I may switch that pick to Oakland.

Drew Brees should be able to throw on San Diego and both teams need that game badly, so I went with New Orleans to cover, but I think San Diego will win the game.

Kansas City is horrible right now and even though I am down on the Jets and Brett Favre after the stinker they put up against Oakland, I still think that Favre will be able to put up a lot of points on them at home.

Buffalo is just a better team than Miami right now and I still don't think that Buffalo is getting enough love from the oddsmakers right now.

Atlanta has been excellent lately and Philadelphia tends to let teams hang around, so I think Atlanta has enough balance on offense to cover the spread.

Don't be fooled by the Rams performance the last two weeks. After Monday's blowout of Denver, the Patriots should probably be at least a 10 point favorite at home against them.

I still can't figure out this Carolina team, but I think Arizona has enough offense to keep the game close or even win it. Unless Kurt Warner turns the ball over too much.

Washington might actually be a more explosive team on turf, so they should be able to score a ton of points against the Lions and their defense is good enough to hold the Lions one dimensional offense in check.

Cleveland has played good enough defensively the last couple weeks to make me believe they have a chance to cover the spread against Jacksonville, despite the awfulness of Derek Anderson.

I always like Pittsburgh at home and their defense has been playing great. I haven't been impressed with the Giants the past two weeks and I think the Steelers D might give Eli some problems.

Seattle is horrible right now and I'm not sure they can hang with any team on the road right now. San Francisco has been putting up a decent amount of points every week as well.

I'll probably change this pick to Houston on second thought. They have enough offensively to put up a lot of points on the Bengals D and I'm not sure the Bengals would be able to keep up.

I like Tennessee at home and I don't like Indy on the road. Tennessee is the more physical team and Indy has had problems with that all season. Since it's a Monday Night game and Indy needs a win badly, I wouldn't be completely surprised to see the Colts pull this game out somehow. I'll stick with the Titans though.

No comments:

Post a Comment