Tuesday, October 28, 2008

NFL Picks - Week 8 Standings

Ed from Ed The Sports Fan beat out me and Joe from What's The 401?!?! in Week 8 finishing 7-6-1. I don't think I have gotten more than 7 right in a week yet, but I am not going to give up on posting the spreads every week just because I suck at it.

Here is a look at the Week 9 spreads and who I would pick as of right now:

Houston has been hot of late offensively, so I'm gonna stick with them to keep things rolling against the Vikings. My only doubt with them is that they are not a good road team historically.

I just can't bet on Cincinnati anymore, but with my luck they will probably play well this week and cover.

I'm thinking about switching my pick of Tampa Bay, because they have struggled to score points on the road, but at the same time I really don't like picking the Chiefs.

Cleveland is starting to turn things around and I think they will beat the Ravens at home.

Buffalo has covered in 7 of the last 9 matchups against the Jets, they are tough to beat at home, they are coming off a tough loss, and Brett Favre has been making some suspect passes of late, so I'm rolling with Buffalo.

Arizona is a better team then the Rams and I think they will win the game, but this one could be a push.

Chicago at home coming off a bye and I think their defense will play better than they did against the Vikings.

I think Green Bay will be able to pass the ball a little bit on the Titans and keep the game close. They will have to avoid turning the ball over though.

Miami has covered 5 straight times against Denver and 6 of the last 7. I also think the combination the Miami running game and a rejuvenated Chad Pennington will be able to exploit the Denver defense.

This is Atlanta's second road game in a row and they have to travel all the way across the country. I think that Oakland might be able to pull off a mini-upset in this one.

Even though Dallas is banged up, I think they will be up to play the divisional rival Giants and make some plays on defense to at least keep the game within a touchdown.

Seattle had their moment on glory last week against the 49ers and I think Philadelphia with a healthy Westbrook is just too much for them to deal with.

I think the Patriots can stay within a field goal in this one, even though I'm a little worried about Peyton Manning going off against their secondary.

I actually think Washington is a dark horse to win the Super Bowl and on Monday Night I think they will be out to gain some respect against the Steelers.

No comments:

Post a Comment