Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Verse of The Week


This was one of the toughest choices for Verse of The Week so far because there really weren't any impressive verses this week. I ended up going with T.I's verse from his "Swagger Like Us" joint, which has a ridiculous beat by the way. I can almost guarantee you this will be the last time T.I. has a Verse of The Week but this verse is actually pretty hot now that I've listened to it again.

Verse of The Week

You can go see Weezy for the wordplay, Jay-Z for the verb play,
Kan-yeezy for diversity, and me for controversy.
I'm a verse that's picture perfect, only spittin' to serve a purpose
You ain't livin' what you kickin', then your worthless
Lookin' from the surface, it may seem like I got reason to be nervous,
then observe my work and see my adversity was worth it
Verses autobiographical, absolutely classical
Last thing I'm worried 'bout is what another rapper do
Ain't nobody hot as me,
even if they rap their ass off, blast off and have outstanding quality
Sell a lot of records, I respect it and salute that,
but spittin' real life on hot beats, I'm the truth at
You kick it like me, no exaggeration necessary
Living revolutionary, nothing less than legendary
Gangsta shit hereditary, got it from my dad
Flow colder than February with extraordinary swag
(T.I., Swagger Like Us, Verse 4)

Audio: Swagger Like Us-T.I feat Kanye West, Jay-Z, & Lil Wayne

More: Verse of The Week

No comments:

Post a Comment