Tuesday, September 23, 2008

NFL Picks - Week 3 - Standings

Joe from What's The 401?!?!, Ed from Ed The Sports Fan, and I all did pretty horribly against the spread this week. I'm not surprised because when I first looked at the spreads I thought they were pretty tough. This week is no different and you can see the spreads for Week 4 below and who I would pick as of right now:
The first thing I noticed about this week's spreads is the ridiculous 11 point spread that Dallas is favored by over Washington. Washington is a damn good team and I'm not saying they are going to beat Dallas but I think 11 points is too much. My guess is that the guys in Vegas are inflating the spread in order to get people to bet on Washington. Dallas may very well blow out the Redskins but I think a fair spread on this game would be 7 or 8 points, not 11. Tampa Bay being favored over the Packers is interesting too. I think the Packers are going to take that game but I guess they aren't getting much respect in Vegas right now. The Eagles and Bears spread is off for now because of the Brian Westbrook injury and the Steelers and Ravens spread is off because of the Ben Roethlisberger injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment