Wednesday, November 5, 2008

NFL Picks - Week 9 Standings

Once again, Ed from Ed The Sports Fan beat out me and Joe from What's The 401?!?! in Week 9 finishing 8-6. I think this season is the worst I've ever done against the spread and I don't think I've been over .500 in a week yet.

Here is a look at the Week 10 spreads and who I would pick as of right now:

Denver is 0-5 against the spread and they haven't played great on the road all season, so I'm going to roll with Brady Quinn and the Browns

Jacksonville has not been playing well lately and they are on the road, so I'm picking Detroit cover.

I can't bet against the Titans right now, especially since if the Bears have Rex Grossman at QB.

New England and Buffalo is a tough one for me to pick, so I'm rolling with the Patriots because they have covered three straight times against the Bills.

I'm looking for New Orleans to make a move in the NFC South and I think it starts this week against the Falcons. The Saints have covered 6 of the last 8 against the Falcons.

The Rams have covered the last 4 times they have played the Jets, plus I think this spread might be a little high.

Miami has also covered the last 4 times in their matchup against the Seahawks. This spread might be a little high, but I like the way the Dolphins have played lately and the Seahawks have to fly across the country.

I still think Indy has trouble with physical teams and the Steelers were able to shut down the Washington offense pretty easily. I don't think the Colts are physical enough to run on the Steelers and I think Pittsburgh will be able to cover no matter who plays at QB.

The Packers have covered 4 of the last 5 against the Vikings and I think they are a better team then the Vikings anyway.

Oakland sucks and Carolina has been playing well, which means Oakland will probably cover but I still have to go with Carolina.

The Chargers are 15.5 point favorites against the Chiefs, who have actually been playing pretty well offensively. I have to go with the points on this one and take the Chiefs.

I think Philly really needs to win this game, but I'm still picking the Giants to cover.

Baltimore has covered three straight games, so I'm gonna ride them in this one against the Texans.

Arizona should be able to handle the 49ers pretty easily at home, it's as simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment