Sunday, November 23, 2008

Verse of The Week


Verse of The Week honors once again go to Sha Stimuli. I actually wish I could give it to someone else, but there wasn't much heat coming out this week and Sha Stimuli's verse on Statik Selektah's "Destined To Shine (Obama Remix)" is pretty hot.

Verse of The Week

I hate to say it, but I told you so, they wouldn't give us reperations,
I don't praise the separation, but they started segregation,
so we changed the legislation, put the rest to hatin',
like when Lincoln freed the slaves, I guess Barack upset the nation,
but the underdog is sometimes the favorite, I relate
I saw people at the polls wiping tears off their face,
I saw strippers on the poles that night celebrating,
taking lingerie off, but couldn't take a day off?, damn
She said "Now I can tell my seeds, they don't gotta rap or dance like me,
they can be President, it feels like a dream"
I threw up fifty dollars, I said I know what you mean
She asked if I needed change, that's kinda funny,
'Cause I said we all need change, but keep the money
I don't know if one person can do it, let me reverse that I'm stupid,
'cause I can change with one verse from my music
I'm hurt and confused, 'cause I don't wanna cry and grab a tissue
I want race not to be an issue,
I almost wanted McCain to win, so we could riot shoot our pistols,
but I keep that feelin' quiet, deep inside I am officially hype,
and I'm reminded why I picked up a mic
Didn't wanna big a nigga for life, but I loved NWA
I am not just a rapper, when I'm barrelled by my travels I got something to say
November 4th it was one of those days we recognized,
Martin Luther King's dream was alive
(Sha Stimuli, Destined To Shine (Obama Remix), Verse 3)


Audio: Destine To Shine (Obama Remix) - Statik Selektah ft Torae, Jon Hope, & Sha Stimuli


No comments:

Post a Comment