Sunday, November 16, 2008

Verse of The Week

Verse of The Week was on hiatus last week because there wasn't anything worthy of the honor. This week it's back with Nas spitting a hot verse from the new Ludacris joint, "I Do It For Hip Hop". I have to say though that the verse Ludacris drops on this joint was very close to getting Verse of The Week honors too.

Verse of The Week

They say I'm so low key, I'm social awkward
Only niggas who really know me, who I talk with
They smile in the light, hate in the dark
You call it beef, to me it's just a fuckin' walk in the park
'Cause you are who you are when nobody's lookin'
That's who you are, so when the cash and the cars is gone,
the day after tomorrow, don't be asking to ball
ski mask, get hard, like the way you rappin' your bars
I can ride on you and whoever, devise new endeavors
I'm as live as a hive full of predators
20,000 different species of bees,
some have poisonous sting, some just pile and they leave,
it's like rap, some just buzz, some will attack,
compromise their own life in fact
16 years since my first 16, pardon the rest of my niggaz,
but I'm the best who ever did it
(Nas, I Do It For Hip Hop, Verse 2)


Audio: I Do It For Hip Hop - Ludacris feat Nas & Jay-Z

More: Verse of The Week

No comments:

Post a Comment