Tuesday, November 11, 2008

NFL Picks - Week 10 Standings

Joe from What's The 401?!?! was the big winner in Week 1o going 10-4. Ed from Ed The Sports Fan was right behind him at 9-5 and I managed to be pull off a respectable 7-7. Now if I could just break .500.

Here is a look at the Week 11 spreads and who I would pick as of right now:

The Patriots have won 9 of the last 10 games against the Jets and have covered in 7 of those. The Jets have played well the last two weeks, but they also beat two struggling teams in the Bills and Rams, so I'm taking the Pats.

I'm finally sold on Atlanta and I think with their running game they should be able to put up big points against the Broncos. Their defense has been good enough that they should be able to slow down the Broncos offense as well.

I don't think Miami should be a 10.5 point favorite of anyone right now, so I'm going to stick with the Raiders for now.

Both the Giants and Ravens are hot right now, so this one was a tough one to pick. I'm going to assume that the Ravens defense will be good enough to slow down the Giants a little bit and maybe Eli Manning is due for a bad game. If Joe Flacco blows up this game could be a blowout though.

Houston sucks on the road and I think Indy will be able to put up some points on that suspect Houston defense.

The Packers and Bears are two evenly matched teams in my mind right now and I think this spread should be less than 5.5, so I'm rolling with the Bears. GB also has trouble stopping the run, so Matt Forte might run wild in this one. The Packers are also just 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 against the Bears.

Tennessee has been a good bet all season, so I'm going to keep riding them for now.

Philly should be able to score some points on the Bengals and I think they will score enough to cover the 9.5 point spread.

The Chiefs offense has actually been playing well lately and the Saints can't stop anyone and have problems on the road. I think the Saints will win, but this one could actually be pretty close.

Detroit is awful and even though Carolina struggled to score points against the Raiders last week, they are at home now where they have played much better this season.

Tampa Bay is a tough place to play, but they haven't been playing great the past three weeks, and I think the Vikings can hang with them on the road. The Vikings are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games at Tampa Bay, but since this season has been so unpredictable, I'm picking the Vikings.

Believe it or not the 49ers are better than the Rams in almost every category, however, I can't see how they can be a 6 point favorite of anyone right now.

Arizona typically has trouble in Seattle, but I think that will change this week. The spread is small enough for me to feel comfortable picking the Cardinals to cover.

Pittsburgh and San Diego is a tough one for me to pick. I might end up switching this pick to the Steelers, because I'm worried about how the Chargers offense will play on the road.

I'm assuming that Tony Romo will play and that Clinton Portis is not 100% healthy. If that is the case then I will be sticking with Dallas, who needs this game badly.

Buffalo and Cleveland are both struggling right now, so this game could go either way. I think the Buffalo crowd will be pumped up for the Monday Night game, but this one should be close and I'll take the Browns to cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment