Sunday, January 4, 2009

Verse of The Week

What better way to start 2009 than to have Skillz come through with the 2008 Rap Up for Verse of The Week.

Verse of The Week

It's that time, we bringing past back up
your boy Skillz, you know my ass gon' act up,
and this year was jacked up, but I got the facts up,
here we go scrap, this the '08 rap up
If you a Patriot fan, you was quick to cheer,
'til the Giants pulled off the upset of the year,
and the commercials was lame as hell,
poor Marion Jones, she had to watch the game from her cell
Detox was getting recorded,
and Dre put out some headphones, but he was only one who could afford 'em
Wayne got bagged for having herb,
and Nas tried to drop a CD that was called the N word,
I chilled on the word, I was fine,
'til I saw him at the Grammy's, I was like "This nigga lost his mind"
Ne-Yo toured with Kells and he got played
and 50 cent, he kicked Paris Hilton off stage
Game went to jail for 8 days,
you know it's bad when JoJo faint, and K-Ci leave him on the stage
Jay-Z & Mary J doubled they bread
Shout to Prodigy and Remy Ma, hold ya head
A Raisin in the Sun, you lied,
I heard that and I thought Flava Flav got a show outside
and wrestling looked faker than ever,
I mean who was gonna believe that Big Show couldn't beat Mayweather
Now Nick and Mariah they kept it G,
but the wedding of the year goes to Hov & B
The unity of G-Unit is gone,
'cause it's a sad day when you got Young Buck cryin' on the phone
Ice T and Soulja Boy, dumb,
and who was the fool who threw a bottle at KRS-One?
The Sean Bell verdict was lame,
and 50 went to Africa, but he ain't come back with his chain
Wayne dissed the DJ's, what was that 'bout?
then a barber from LA straight knocked Suge out
tough street lookin' boy,
the guys that made that song, they lookin' like no second single lookin' boys,
and let me say this, don't it feel good to say "Big ups to all my haters"?
The beef gotta stop G,
Fif you running out of people man, why you picking on Rocsi?
Your baby momma came out,
but we ain't never find out who really burned down the house
Rick Ross took it too far,
was it me or he was the biggest CO we have seen thus far,
I'm just askin',
and Bow Wow got his ass handed to him in a game of Madden,
you wanna know what's funny?
they showed us the game, but they ain't never say who got that money
The system is filthy, for real G,
How the hell R Kelly come up not guilty
I can't believe he walking,
on tv talking 'bout, "When you say teenage, how old are we talking?"
Wayne sold a milli in a week,
and in 7 days I got sick of the a Milli beat
Da Brat doing time served,
and '08 was almost a good year for your man Young Berg
between fights and his fan base, he needed some help,
then his chain went on tour, by itself
Will Smith got Hollywood on smash,
Puff you a millionaire man, why you cryin' 'bout gas
Katt Williams he went nuts,
and the economy was harder than McCain tryin' to put his arms up,
and Palin I ain't gonna discuss her,
she probably on the porch now tryin' to look at Russia
and Kanye he went for broke,
maybe the album shoulda been called 808's and no high notes,
but nah he doin' his thing,
is it hard to fight paparazzi when you got on skinny jeans?
Nelly and Usher couldn't find their fans,
Super Head said I'm pregnant,
I'm like by who a pregnant man?
T.I. got back in gear
Beyonce, Single Ladies, mmm, video of the year
it had the guys getting hype together,
I hope DMX finally get his life together
Man, we got to kill all the drama,
biggest moment ever, Barack Obama
First black president, please believe it
I'm just happy that my granny got a chance to see it
it's time for a change,
so don't go tryin' to turn inauguration into a All-Star game,
let's act right and show these kids,
we can turn yes we can, into yes we did
and Bush made it hard,
be patient, let that man go to the White House and do his job
Black athletes, y'all gotta parlay, don't play,
you saw how they came back for O.J
The economy that's a wrap no doubt,
the whole world in debt, how the hell you bail that out?
Halle Berry, she had a baby on the low
The best thing on TV was Keyshia Cole show,
lookin' good Keyshia, but don't thank me,
'cause you ain't the star of the show, that would be Frankie
It's a crazy world, Jeezy told you son
crazy world? I wonder where he got that from,
I gotta say it, cause he influenced the game,
but I gotta give props to the boy T-Pain
and y'all niggaz lame,
with songs like "Ho, we pop champagne",
so I'ma say this quick,
"We in a recession", stop lying y'all ain't poppin' shit
and President Bush so hated,
he went to Iraq and almost got a-shoe-ssinated
So I'm gonna shout out the boy,
and shout out everybody upstairs who ain't with us no mo'
So y'all stay on your grind,
you boy Skillz, welcome to 2009
(Skillz, 2008 Rap Up)


Audio: 2008 Rap Up - Skillz

More: Verse of The Week

No comments:

Post a Comment