Thursday, January 1, 2009

Best of 2008: Hip 2 Da Game Hip Hop Awards


Here are the 2008 Hip 2 Da Game Hip Hop Awards. All the songs/albums are listed in no particular order. Let me know what you think.

Top 10 Albums:
D.I.R.T. - Heltah Skeltah
Grey Hairs - Reks
LAX - The Game
NY's Finest - Pete Rock
Politics As Usual - Termanology
Stick 2 The Script - Statik Selektah
The In Crowd - Kidz In The Hall
Theater of The Mind - Ludacris
Untitled-Nas
We Mean Business - EPMD

Best Album (Major Label):
Theater of The Mind - Ludacris

Best Album (Non Major Label)(tie):
The In Crowd - Kidz In The Hall
Politics As Usual - Termanology

Top 45 New Joints:

Somethings Gotta Give - Big Boi feat Mary J Blige


Mr. Carter (Prod. by Just Blaze) - Lil Wayne ft Jay-Z


On The Rise (Prod. by DJ Premier) - Kool G Rap


Maybach Music (Prod. By JUSTICE League) - Rick Ross feat Jay-Z


Puttin Work In - EPMD feat Raekwon


The Argument - Capone N Noreaga


MVP (Prod. by DJ Premier) - Ludacris


I Do It For Hip Hop - Ludacris ft Nas & Jay-Z


Do The Right Thing (Prod. by 9th Wonder) - Ludacris ft Common & Spike Lee


Call Up The Homies - Ludacris ft The Game & Willy Northpole


We Killin' Ourselves (Prod. by Pete Rock) - Termanology ft Pete Rock


Undisputed (Prod. by Don Cannon) - Ludacris feat Floyd Mayweather


It's Time For War - LL Cool J


Letter To The King (Prod. by Hi-Tek) - The Game ft Nas


Dearly Departed - DJ Babu ft M.O.P.


Circulate (Prod. by Don Cannon) - Young Jeezy


Swagger Like Us - T.I. feat Kanye West, Lil Wayne, & Jay-Z


Money On The Ave - Reks feat Skyzoo


Too Real (Prod. by Statik Selektah) - Foxy Brown ft AZ


Self Construction - KRS-1 ft Nelly, The Game, Redman, Method Man, Styles P, Busta Rhymes, Talib Kweli, Rakaa, Rah Digga


Fried Chicken - Nas feat Busta Rhymes


Middle of The Map, Pt 1 & 2 - Kidz in The Hall


Don't Take It There - DJ Kay Slay ft Papoose


Lose Your Life (Prod. by The Alchemist) - The Alchemist feat Jadakiss, Snoop Dogg, & Pusha T


Drama - DJ Muggs & Planet Asia


That Fillin' - Hezekiah ft Freeway


It's Nothing - Rakim


Perfect Timing - CL Smooth feat Skyzoo


Understand Me - Style P feat Wyclef


Dope Boys - The Game feat Travis Barker


Knowledge Is Freedom - AZ feat Papoose


Onslaught - Slaughterhouse (Joe Budden, Royce Da 5'9, Crooked I, & Joell Ortiz)


I Wanna Be Free - Freeway


3 In The Chamber - DJ K.O. feat O.C., Torae, & Kaze


W.M.D - Heltah Skeltah feat Smif N Wessun


Why Me - Ice Cube feat Musiq


N.I.G.G.E.R.(The Slave & The Master) - Nas


Hold Tight - Skillz feat Black Thought


Make It Out - Styles P & Cassidy


Rising Down - The Roots feat Mos Def & Styles P


The Upgrade - J-Live feat Posdanous & Oddisee


Comprehend - Pete Rock feat Papoose


World Peace - Lil Dap


Put In Work - Sheek


The Last Is First (Prod. by The Alchemist) - Dilated Peoples


Best Club Song:
Swagger Like Us - T.I. ft Kanye West, Lil Wayne, & Jay-Z


Best Conscious Song:
We Killin' Ourselves - Termanology ft Pete Rock


Best Storytelling Song:
Scared - Blueprint


Best Braggadocio Song:
Undisputed - Ludacris ft Floyd Mayweather


Best Presidential Song:
Make It Out - Styles P & Cassidy


Best Economic Song:
Circulate - Young Jeezy


Best Collabo (2 MCs):
Fried Chicken - Nas ft Busta Rhymes


Best Collabo (3 MCs):
I Do It For Hip Hop - Ludacris ft Nas & Jay-Z


Best Conscious Collabo:
Self Construction - KRS-1 feat Nelly, Styles P, Redman, The Game, Method Man, Busta Rhymes, Rakaa (Iriscience), Talib Kweli, etc.


Best Back N Forth Song (The Styles P/Jadakiss Award):
The Argument - Capone N Noreaga


Best Remix (Major Label):
Put On (Remix) - Young Jeezy ft Jay-Z


Best Remix (Non Major Label):
Driving Down The Block (West Coast Remix) - Kidz in The Hall feat Pacific Division, Tyga, Glasses Malone, & Mistah F.A.B.


Top 5 Producers:
DJ Premier
Don Cannon
Pete Rock
Statik Selektah
The Alchemist

Best Producer (Non DJ Premier Division):
Statik Selektah


Best Beat (Non DJ Premier Division):
Luxury Tax (Produced By J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League) - Rick Ross


Best Beat (DJ Premier Division):
On The Rise (Prod. by DJ Premier) - Kool G Rap


Best Mid-90's Throwback Beat (tie):
Drama - DJ Muggs & Planet Asia

World Peace - Lil Dap


Best Verse (Non Jay-Z Division):
Undisputed - Ludacris - Verse 1

Back up on that ass
Back to put rappers on one knee, like they 'bout to run the 100 meter dash
Bow down to greatness,
before I get pissed and run up in the stands like the Indiana Pacers
Covered all my bases, straight no chasers
Diamonds on my chain, look like my neck's full of glaciers
Titanic flow, titanic doe
Women on my nuts like, "Where the titanic go?"
I've been scouring the Earth,
making my fans catch the Holy Ghost at my shows like your Grandma at church,
and the fat lady singin',
It's over for you rappers, can't none of y'all bust, your just sacks full of semen,
and I got the woman screamin',
They can catch my balls on
Any Given Sunday like my names Willie Beamen,
or LL Cool
So if your boyfriend thinks your loyal to his ass, then he's a muthafuckin' fool
Got jewels on my pinky, jewels on my wrist
Iconic status and his name is Ludacris
Bitch please, you messin' with some real OGs,
with million dollar whips that I shipped from overseas
Got a pocket full of G's,
and the inconvenient truth is that the ozone is bad because I've been smokin' all the trees
The globe is warming up when we fire up the blunt,
and put it in the air like
Evel Knievel stunts
What you want from me?, I got pistols for the haters
Your fam will be in black, like they was playin' for the Raiders,
and your music isn't favored,
and DJs they never bring it back like when you go and borrow something from your neighbors,
like a cup full of sugar, a roll full of salt
The name on my car insurance is: Your fuckin' fault
and if you sittin' on chrome,
I'll call up my boys and have you stripped of your medals like
Marion Jones

Best Verse (Jay-Z Division):
Brooklyn(We Go Hard) - Jay-Z - Verse 2

I father, I Brooklyn Dodger them
I jack, I rob, I sin
Aw man, I'm
Jackie Robinson,
'cept when I run base, I dodge the pen
Lucky me, luckily they didn't get me
Now when I bring the
Nets, I'm the black Branch Rickey
From Brooklyn corners, burnin' branches of sticky,
spread love, Biggie, Brookyln hippy
I pity the fool with jewels like
Mr. T,
with no history in my borough,
they borrow, with no intentions of returning tomorrow
The sun don't come out for many, like
Annie
Half orphan, momma never had an abortion
poppa sorta did, still I managed to live
I go hard, I owe it all to the crib
Now please tell me, what the fucks harder than this?

Best Conscious Verse:
We Killin' Ourselves - Termanology - Verse 2

He was a younger cat,
seen about 100 gats
Only really held a couple,
but he wasn't scared to hustle
'Cause he figured that, if you want your wig intact,
you wouldn't fuck with the cat with the gorilla mack
So he stole Prada,
and he kept his nose powder
Caught his first body, had to take a cold shower
What's the word? Then he body an old timer
Caught a third, now he runnin' like Obama
These are our kids, growing up with no father,
no momma, no honor, no faith, no karma
and they sight just like the Northern Lights
on the corner nights where dice games are more than shiest
Kids look up to Pac, livin' the mortal life
Wanna be 50, but they don't really wanna get busy
Young boys kill over pussy,
money, and gang colors
Cocaine lovers, baby mommas insane jealous
We cane sellers, or we stickin' up bank tellers
Take a chance, shootin' with cops who aim better,
and they ain't let up, six shots into a sedan
America's worse nightmare, guns in kid's hands.


Video of The Year:
We Run This - Jadakiss

No comments:

Post a Comment