Sunday, March 8, 2009

Verse of The Week

Nas checks in to win this week's Verse of The Week honors.

Verse of The Week

I don't say I'm maintaining that's a lame's language,
poor English, from a wise man I learned patience,
me not distinguished, is like a fiendless Queensbridge,
I don't say I'm grindin', 'cause everything I do's redefining
'Cause when you know the streets to the science, apply it,
very moderate, to your business and watch you profit
Rap game, NBA to NFL, the kids will yell,
will I win or fail, or end up in a cell?,
nonsense,'cause they can grow to be part of the congress,
be responsive to these innercity problems
behind the tint with the chauffeur, I rep for the culture,
rep for the thugs and still see eye to eye with Oprah
I was a dreamer, a wisher with hopes for,
a better life for these kids, while I sip a Mimosa
I planned yo, used to watch a black and white Sanyo,
who's the best?, next to me they couldn't light a candle
(Nas, If I Ruled The World '09, Verse 2)


Audio: If I Ruled The World '09 (Smirnoff Signature Mix) - Nas feat Marshia Ambrosius

More: Verse of The Week

No comments:

Post a Comment