Monday, September 8, 2008

Verse of The Week


It's not often that LL Cool J comes with some conscious rhymes, and he's not the best MC in the game when it comes to wordplay, but I'm kinda diggin' this verse from LL nonetheless. Since LL comes with some thoughtful lyrics on his "Mr. President" joint, I decided to award him the Verse of The Week, since competition was lacking this week once again.

Verse of The Week

I'm not Republican or Democrat,
I'm Independent and I want the facts.
When are the soldiers coming back?
Are we prepared for a terror attack?
Late at night, I watch CNN
Get so bad, I might stop breathin'
The Middle East hates us, what's the reason?
Mr. President, my heart is bleedin'
Tuck my kids in every evening,
try to teach them to keep believing.
Hoping my government won't deceive them,
tell 'em, set some goals, you can achieve them.
Mr. President, I have to know,
if I die for you, what will I have to show?
Will it really and truly help my country grow?
I'm waiting for your answer, let me know.
(LL Cool J, Verse 3, Mr. President)


Audio: Mr. President - LL Cool J feat Wyclef


No comments:

Post a Comment