Tuesday, May 5, 2009

2009 NBA Playoffs: Cleveland Cavaliers vs Atlanta Hawks - Series Preview

(1) Cleveland Cavaliers vs (4) Atlanta Hawks

Offense Eff.: Cleveland (4) 109.7, Atlanta (10) 106.6
Defense Eff.: Cleveland (3) 99.4, Atlanta (11) 104.6
Pace: Cleveland (25) 91.2, Atlanta (24) 92.0

Analysis: Cleveland is just a better team than Atlanta, so I think it's safe to say that this series will be won by the Cavs. Atlanta does have Josh Smith to matchup with Lebron on the defensive end, so that might help them remain a little more competitive. The main thing you want to look at in this series is the play of Mo Williams and Delonte West. If they don't play well, then I could see the Hawks pushing this series to 6 games. Atlanta should put up a much better fight than Detroit did, so we should see just how good this Cavs team is. I don't think the first round really told us much. I could actually see the Cavs struggling on offense in this series. My guess is that most of their offense outside of Lebron will be because of poor Atlanta offense. Turnovers, bad shots, etc that will lead to easy Cavs buckets. I actually think the Hawks would have a better chance in this series if their offense was a little better. In fact, I think they could win the series if they had a better and more diverse offense, but I think the Cavs defense is just too good for them and when the Hawks struggle on offense their defense tends to suffer too. Mo Williams vs Mike Bibby is going to be a huge matchup in this series. I also think Joe Johnson could struggle if he has the athletically superior Lebron James guarding him all series long. The Hawks could steal Game 1 because of the long lay off for the Cavs and they'll probably win a Game at home too, so I'm going with the Cavs in 6.

Prediction: Cavs in 6

More: NBA & NBA Playoffs

No comments:

Post a Comment