Sunday, May 3, 2009

2009 NBA Playoffs: Denver Nuggets vs Dallas Mavericks - Series Preview

(2) Denver Nuggets vs (6) Dallas Mavericks

Offense Eff.: Denver (7) 107.5, Dallas (5) 108.1
Defense Eff.: Denver (8) 103.5, Dallas (17) 105.3
Pace: Denver (5) 97.0, Dallas (16) 93.9

Analysis: As you know, I love the way the Nuggets have played in these playoffs so far. The offense you knew was going to be good, but the defense has been excellent as well and their intensity has been high. I'm kind of surprised that Dallas took care of San Antonio so easily, but San Antonio is an old team and were without one of their best players in Manu Ginoboli. I don't think they'll have as easy of a time versus the Nuggets because the Nuggets offense is far superior to the Spurs. The question is whether or not Denver can continue to play the tough defense they showed against the Hornets. I think they can, which is why I think they will win this series. Dirk didn't play like a superstar in Round 1 and I think that might carry over to this series as well. Denver has enough big and athletic bodies they can put on Dirk to disrupt his game a little. The role players really had their way for the Mavs against the Spurs, but I don't think that continues if the Nuggets are solid on D. On the offensive side for the Nuggets, I think Billups will have his way with Jason Kidd, which is pretty much expected at this point. Carmelo is going to have to play like a star in this series as well. I think the Nuggets will take care of business at home and the length of this series will depend on how the Nuggets play on the road. If the Nuggets are on their game, then I don't think Dallas stands a chance in this series.

Prediction: Nuggets in 6


More: NBA & NBA Playoffs

No comments:

Post a Comment