Sunday, April 19, 2009

Verse of The Week - Black Thought (Reality Check)

I thought the concept Black Thought used by rhyming about his girl watching reality tv shows was pretty ill, so he gets the Verse of The Week honors.

Verse of The Week

Yo, I'm having trouble at the crib,
I'm going at it with my babymother where I live,
while the soldiers bleed, the economy recede,
and all she wanna watch is reality TV,
went from A Surreal Life to Strange Love,
some behavior I couldn't figure the Flav of,
dropped out of Charm School when she fell in love with New York,
and Love Money, that's what I'm not made of
I bought a membership to the Celebrity Fit Club,
to see if I could stand a Real Chance with this love,
it don't make sense the way she try to turn a G to a Gent,
but need Tough Love, don't get it mixed up,
I was one of the Wildboyz, Shooting for Sizemore,
she was a little live jawn watchin' The Osbournes
The Best Week Ever, had her Goin' For Broke like Eddie Griffin,
or Danny Bonaduce, but no she never listen,
when I drop a Super Sweet 16,
daydreamin' of becoming Miss Rap Supreme,
or maybe Making The Band, but bring your guns out,
sing ya lungs out, move out like Daddy's Girls outta Run's House,
but that's Against All Odds, might try and come to pimp your ride,
real as Real Housewives, yeah it's real outside
ain't it like an episode of College Hill outside,
whether it be for the love of the payday,
or for the love of trying have a baby for Ray J,
the Most Smartest Model on Project Runway,
she wanna be Kimora, Living Life in the Fab Lane,
and change her last name,
and since Gotti's Way was passe, she watch Salt N Pepa and Celeb Rehab day,
that's all she talk about at the cafe,
I swear to god it drove me to drink about a half a carafe hey,
my head so spinnin', I'm so through with women,
who watch re-runs of The Real World with dinner,
and Kim Kardashian moms and Bruce Jenner,
and Three-Six Mafia show and Jerry Springer,
Scott Baio...46 and knocked up,
I'd rather see The First 48 on locked up,
instead it's just a Nanny 911, I'm Trading Spouses,
Extreme Makeover she rearrange the couches, now she keep changing outfits,
I'm 'bout to have to get a Dr. Phil to do something about this,
The house not fresh, she not Top Chef,
I tell her Viva La Bam, she tell me not yet,
watching Cribs, looking at shit she never gonna get,
America's Best Dance Crew she trying to do the steps,
'bout to do her like Beyonce and tell her to the left,
truth be told, she 'bout to television me to death
(Black Thought, Reality Check, Verse 1)


Audio: Reality Check - Jay Dee feat Black Thought

More: Verse of The Week

No comments:

Post a Comment