Thursday, April 16, 2009

Kevin Garnett Could Miss The Entire Playoffs

Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers says that there is a strong possibility that Kevin Garnett will miss the playoffs. Wow, that would be a huge blow to the Celtics chances of winning another title. I don't think they will have any problems with the Bulls in the 1st round, but Orlando in the 2nd round could give them trouble and I have a hard time believing they can beat the Cavs without KG. I hate to see superstars miss the playoffs, because then it just seems like we are watching a knockoff version of the playoffs. I mean if the Cavs or Lakers win the title without beating a Celtics team with KG on it then are they really the champs? In my mind at least, I think that yeah they are the champs, but what would have happened if KG was out there? We will never know. Either way if KG does miss the playoffs, Big Baby, Leon Powe, Mikki Moore, and Kendrick Perkins are going to have play excellent defense down low for the Celtics to advance in the playoffs after the 1st round. I think the Celtics have enough offense to make up for the loss of KG, but they will miss him more on the defensive end and leadership.

More: NBA

No comments:

Post a Comment